The Harris County Elections Administrator (EA) is committed to serving Harris County residents by providing essential voter registration and election services in an equitable, accessible, secure, and transparent manner.
As an Elections Data Analyst, you'll collect and conduct detailed statistical and geospatial analysis on datasets from within the Harris County Office of Elections Administration. This position will be responsible for building data warehouses, dashboards/KPIs, reports, ad-hoc datasets, maps, and visuals to inform applicable stakeholders. Goals of each deliverable will be to improve government transparency, enable public and partner access to unbiased data sets, and support data-driven decisions to internal stakeholders. Additionally, the position will produce various data-driven forecasts including voter turnout and supply allocations as well as participate in election operations. This position will routinely work with internal staff as well as County and external stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with leaders and domain experts to identify business needs, create analysis plans, identify deliverables, and communicate key insights.
- Design and deliver interactive dashboards, reports (including ad-hoc), and maps that combine multiple data sources to deliver key metrics, trends, and insights to stakeholders using tools such as Excel, MSSQL, and PowerBI.
- Design and deliver data driven metrics, analysis, and raw data sets to public and partner agencies via an Open Data Portal.
- Organize and analyze election data such as voting patterns (participation, wait times), voting center logistics, and internal processes.
- Build data-driven forecasting models for voter turnout, vote center allocations, etc.
- Collaborate with GIS teams to create, manage, and analyze spatial data creating maps and visualizations.
Harris County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you need special services or accommodations, please call (713) 274-5445 or email [email protected].
This position is subject to a criminal history check. Only relevant convictions will be considered and, even when considered, may not automatically disqualify the candidate.