Our Mission: The Harris County Elections Administrator (EA) is committed to serving Harris County residents by providing essential voter registration and election services in an equitable, accessible, secure, and transparent manner.
Voter Registration Clerks perform a wide variety of routine tasks associated with registering voters and conducting elections including computer research, data entry, proofreading for accuracy, comparing and verifying signatures, and packing supplies for polling places. Ideal candidates for this position will possess data entry skills and the ability to work in small groups on detailed, repetitive tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verify and process Voter Registration Applications
- Answer phones and provide general election information to the public but not limited to the precinct number, polling location, dates/hours/location.
- Link documents that have been imaged
- Separate files to be imaged
- Verify and Work SOS Reports
- Verify felons using the Justice Information Management System
- Verify and process electronic applications from DPS and Texas Online
- Verify and process out of state notifications
- Verify and process abstracts from other counties
- Monitor and work e-fax requests
- Process Opt-Out and Confidentiality forms
- Assist with Poll Book Audit after election
- Other duties as assigned
Harris County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you need special services or accommodations, please call (713) 274-5445 or email [email protected]
This position is subject to a criminal history check. Only relevant convictions will be considered and, even when considered, may not automatically disqualify the candidate.