The Harris County Elections Administrator (EA) is committed to serving Harris County residents by providing essential voter registration and election services in an equitable, accessible, secure, and transparent manner.
Harris County Election Administrator’s Office is seeking a full-time Digital and Content Manager to lead the digital editorial direction of the Office. This person will be responsible for both external and internal communications, mainly centered on the organization’s website and social media channels. The ideal candidate has experience using web-based data tools, and has used data in the past to help inform content creation. The candidate should be skilled at crafting headlines, generating unique ideas, working collaboratively across various departments and with community partners, and finding creative new ways to reach new audiences, both earned and paid.
The ideal candidate will have a strong instinct to innovate and experiment with new ideas, deep working knowledge of current digital marketing best practices, relevant editorial experience, strong writing skills, and a commitment to equity and intersectional framing of communications. Digital and Content Manager will support the Director of Communications and the several functions for the division.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and distribute content across multiple platforms, including the organization’s website, social media, and internal communications platforms.
- Take lead in maintaining the organization's editorial and project calendars.
- Travel to key local events to capture video or photos for social media platforms; Catalog collection of photography for media and public use.
- Shoot and edit videos with quick turnaround during Early Voting and Election Night.
- Have a solid understanding of optimizing content for SEO best practices.
- Write adhoc content pieces on pertinent breaking news items to capitalize on social media/website traffic.
- Create monthly data-driven reports analyzing social media and website accounts with recommendations and takeaways.
- Broker relationships and social media strategy with Houston community partners (influencers, civic entities, etc) to expand key voter messaging.
- Work with contracted entities to promote voting and voter registration during election time.
- Manage budget allotted for social media campaigns.
- Ability to successfully navigate relationships across departments.
- Oversee editorial direction, writing/editing, and production of publications, including newsletters and leadership updates; Support additional content writing for teams as needed.
- Work with the Voter Outreach team to implement and monitor social media strategy around voter outreach and education.
- Help manage development, distribution, and maintenance of print and electronic collateral, including photo and video needs for newsletters, brochures, news releases, power points, digital, etc.
Harris County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you need special services or accommodations, please call (713) 274-5445 or email [email protected].
This position is subject to a criminal history check. Only relevant convictions will be considered and, even when considered, may not automatically disqualify the candidate.