A complete list of credentials that may be accepted at the poll for voting purposes are provided below. Citizens are strongly encouraged to review the list
and be prepared to provide at least one of the documents at the poll to facilitate the voter identification and qualification process.
ACCEPTABLE CREDENTIALS FOR VOTING
- A Voter Registration Certificate;
- A driver’s license or personal identification card issued to the person by the Department of Public Safety or a similar document issued to the person by an agency of another state, regardless of whether the license or card has expired;
- A form of identification containing the person’s photograph that establishes the person’s identity;
- A birth certificate or other document confirming birth that is admissible in a court of law and establishes the person’s identity;
- A United States citizenship papers issued to the person;
- A United States passport issued to the person;
- Official mail addressed to the person by name from a governmental entity;
- A copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows the name and address of the voter; or
- Any other form of identification prescribed by the Secretary of State.